This is a respond to:
All over the Philippines unending crimes and unjust justices are widespread. It is obvious that the justice system in this country is neither fair nor just for some people or maybe for many people especially when it comes to criminal justice. Various crimes against humanity have occurred and that might still occur if this will not be given enough attention and right action.
Notwithstanding some development and revisions in law and order, crime remained a major problem from time to time. Crime is on a rampage in the streets of many towns and cities, in many places. By this, we should pay attention to the crime rates that we have in the Philippines. Statistics show that there has been a downward trend in crime rates over the last two years but we should not be too confident that it will get lower and lower over time. We can never tell. Crime should be stopped, if not, at least prevent it from spreading out. We always wanted a safer community to live in and what I think could be one way of achieving this is crime prevention, successful crime prevention. Successful crime prevention efforts will promote a safer community by enhancing the perception of safety and the attitudes and behaviors that will help people feel safe. If we cannot stop the crimes all around, at least we do take an action and start it out even in simple ways. It’s just a matter of step by step process.
We all know that it is morally impossible to find anything really good or truly right when injustice is an element of circumstance. As I watched TV news, when you have committed a crime, justice seems blurry because I think that nowadays truth and justice is somewhat dying. Our system of justice here in the Philippines, somehow, is no longer preventing the people from being unfairly convicted when charged with a crime. I actually believe in our legal system and I believe in justice. I believe that with justice established injustices are sanctioned but what I observed now is that“Miscarriage of Justice” is getting trendy. I know this isn’t right, this is totally wrong that is why we should not let justice be defeated by injustice. There is always room for changes, we might not get things right and stop injustices but we can always change how we handle situations like this. (400)
- Zaesl Mary Ego-ogan
No comments:
Post a Comment