Last June 30, 2012, the Grand Halad Kapamilya took place in the Cebu Normal University.
Since it was my first time to participate in this event,
I was curious and excited in the flow of the event, and how will things work
out. So, to feed my curiosity, I went there. As I was on my way to CNU, I can
already say that this event is much awaited and anticipated by lots of people
from different towns/barangays in Cebu, and even from the nearby provinces. By
just focusing on the fact that there are people coming from nearby provinces
who want to be part of this event, I can say that this event has been doing
well ever since. The participants are already in the venue at dawn. Some of
them brought their own food and drinks aside albeit there are free foods and
drinks offered. I am elated that despite the very hot weather and crowded
place, people still manage to smile and to be patient in waiting for their
turn.
The impact of the free service to the people is it makes
them grateful and happy because there are people who wish to avail a certain
service during ordinary days but could not avail due to financial problem. For
those people who can afford a certain service anytime, they can save their money
for future use. Also, they can fully enjoy the free services that they have
acquired.
On the other hand, the impact of the free
service to the people giving it is they can help the people come up with an
idea to improve their livelihood like the T-shirt printing demo (manual). It
can be their sideline or business according to DJ Jackie of MOR. Also, she said
that this is their way of thanking the Kapamilya for their support throughout.
In addition, Manong Ronario, a barangay vaccinator, mentioned that he is happy
in giving free service (injection of anti-rabies) to the dogs and cats.
True enough, I
can say that the Grand Halad Kapamilya is a big help to all people, and I do
hope that this event will continue to serve whole-heartedly not just for the Cebuanos,
but for all the people from different places.
This event has
inspired me a lot to extend my open arms to the people who need my help. It
also made me realized that you don’t have to be rich in order to help, but as
long as you have the heart in rendering your service fully, it is more
rewarding than any free service.
No comments:
Post a Comment